Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I'm Dreamin' of a Warm Christmas ....

Somebody needs to write a song about this -- actually, I am going to attend Kamen's Christmas program (at Northside Baptist Church) and they usually have an interesting rendition of common Christmas songs adapted to our lovely warm weather. I think it must be warmer than usual -- it is 80+ degrees in December!! Come on! We need a little bit of snow. I think I will go back to Cracker Barrel (I stopped there yesterday) and pick up one of those snow globes -- except this was a plastic thingy which recycled the snow so that it fell throughout a song. (Isn't that an awesome description?)

After Christmas Eve service, we usually join Tim, Sandi and Tyler for a ride looking at Christmas decorations. While it may be warm here, I can assure you that there is no lack of decorating for the Christmas season. Some leave the lights up through -- maybe March or so!! I hate to take the tree down too soon!!

I haven't even picked up wood for my fireplace yet. We are still running the air conditioner. I was in Atlanta over the weekend and my brother had his airconditioner going full blast. I think he's just having hot flashes and if he reads this blog, my guest room may not be available the next time I arrive. (Then again, I help Michael with dish washing chores so he welcomes my visits!!)

While I sort of (and stress "sort of") miss a White Christmas, I can assure you that I do not miss the 'white stuff' which makes it 'white'!! I had plenty of years sliding in the stuff and trying to clean it off my car! I will happily enjoy my Warm Christmas -- while I sing about a "White Christmas" and remember that it is ONLY in my dreams!

I guess I am a true Floridian now!!

No comments: