Friday, January 25, 2008

Wow ... time has flown by ...

I usually try to write often on my blog -- especially since my kids' typical comment on anything unusual is, "You'll see that in her blog!" Yesterday, I went to Winter Haven and spent some time with Teri's girls. Taking Marley to her guitar class was quite interesting -- especially since I ran into a son of some friends (I hadn't seen him in years), John Ostberg. He teaches music at the same studio where Marley is taking her class. It's quite interesting to sit in on a class with about 15 kids ... from older teens down to around 11 years old (like Marley).



I'm not sure if you can tell from the photo but Rudy has four teeth -- actually, he cut his fifth one this morning. What is so odd is that he cut his left front tooth and then the one to the left of that one! Rather than the two front teeth. So, it was quite amusing watching him smile. His idea of crawling is to bury his head in the carpet, get up on his back feet and then give a push -- when it's a series of these, it is quite entertaining! He also likes to pull himself up and does not like to sit down when he'd rather stand!


Tonight, Tyler is spending the night with me. His mom and dad, Sandi and Tim, are leading a conference youth event at our church. I assured them I thought it would be much easier for him to stay here tonight then for them to get him up at 6:30 in the morning since they are going to be at the church by 8am. They have an awesome day planned -- I'll share more about that tomorrow lest I share too much this evening -- not like I expect teenagers to read my blog!!


I was driving Teri's girls to school this morning and also picked up two other girls. The youngest one is four years old who attends preschool where the girls go to school. I found out her name was Alisia and during the course of the conversation, said her name. Her sister, Marissa (who is about 11) said, "Wow, you pronounced her name right. Our grandparents can't even do that!" (They pronounce it A-lee-see-a.) I explained to her that I know that one of the most important things to a person is their name.

I should keep a notebook -- If I would just write down what the kids say, I would fill up a long blog, I'm sure. One thing happened today -- I was talking to Rachel and all at once she said, "She just hit me. I can't believe she just hit me." Evidently the lady behind her let her foot slip off her brake and ran into the back of Rachel's van. Fortunately, not much damage was done -- enough to get the lady's insurance information but nothing too drastic. At least, she wasn't hurt -- although I wondered what was going on since the phone went dead after her statement that she had been hit. Their schedule was so crazy today that I'm not sure how she was still coherent! It's a good thing she's one organized lady!!


And a another family photo ... last Sunday, Bob and I got to spend time with his sister, Linda, and her husband, Tom. Later, Tom, Linda and I met my brother, Tim, and his wife, Susan, at a local Cracker Barrel in the Atlanta area. Of course, out came the camera -- so here are a couple photos from that get-together -- and then, I'm going to go spend a couple hours with Tyler watching Rattatouille .. did I spell that right? Probably not but you got the idea!!

3 comments:

Your Penn Palz : said...

i found you by accident and wanted to say, 'hi'!
in case you hadn't figured it out yet, i used to be a jewett! LOL
hope all is well with you... enjoyed looking at your pix!
* shelly *

Vonnie said...

Love the pictures!! I love the Ratatouille movie too. It's so cute!

LindaJo49 said...

From my Aunt Wanda ...

Dear Linda,
I laughed at your description of Rudy trying to crawl. He must take after you! As I remember you could never crawl. Once when your parents brought to you G'ma Nelson's place in Chicago we were trying to get you to crawl. We would put you on your tummy and there you were. Your arms and legs were waving, but your body didn't move!