Thursday, April 3, 2008

Such excitement ..


First, it's my brother's birthday today .. Tim, that is. He is all of 2-1/2 years younger than I am and I am told I was not a happy camper to say the least when he arrived! It seemed I enjoyed getting all the attention -- both as first born in our family and first grandchild on my mother's side. But, somehow, I managed to accept him as a little brother who grew up to be taller than me! Today, I get to spend a lot of time with him and his family in Atlanta and that is a special treat. I even have my own room there!! My home away from home!! Then, this evening, I received a call that Rachel's son, Seth Mark, 8 years old, had broken two bones in his arm. He was playing football with himself (picture that -- of course, he was throwing the ball in the air and jumped off the couch and landed right on that arm / wrist!! Ouch!!!) So, here he is .. in the hospital!! He is home now but off to see an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow!

No comments: