Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rambling ... and a special Happy 40th Birthday to Chris!

I try to write something every day but have felt quite short of that over the past week as I have been busy with other things that seemed to demand my attention. Work, for instance! Off and running and I guess that is great but I think I am tired already ... well, just for today anyway!

I find that so much of my life revolves around grandchildren -- and that is fun. I got a call from Teri's phone on Sunday evening and I was expecting Teri's voice when I heard 9 year old Bailey ask, "Nana .. it's time for Girl Scout cookies. Do you want to order some?" What do you think my answer was?

As I was typing this, my phone rang again but this time it was from Marley's phone. Expecting to hear her voice, I hear Teri's voice laughing almost hysterically at Marley's response to a Staples' ad that had just shown during a break in American Idol. It would be a little long to share here but needless to say, it brought much laughter.

RJ was at our house after school today and he was having a great time talking to Ava and she was responding. Kasi was a little intrigued when RJ told her that he was going to be a dad soon. She said, "What?" He added, "When I get big, I'm gonna be a dad!" We breathed a sigh of relief!

Today is Chris's 40th birthday .. he doesn't know yet about a special gift he will be receiving. (He will soon so I am safe in sharing it here.) Roxanne put together a memory book for him with letters from family and friends. I wrote a letter, too, but told him I wasn't sure I was real thrilled he was turning 40 as now three of my four sons-in-law are over 40!! I think I'm beginning to feel old -- actually, I was doing that after our great-granddaughter was born!

However, Happy Birthday, Chris!

No comments: