Friday, February 20, 2009

Difficult days ...

Teri headed to Orlando to the Florida Hospital yesterday morning as her friend from childhood, Lisa Pannell, was scheduled to undergo surgery to remove a mass in her lung. It was malignant although the doctor was fairly certain he had been able to get it all. He removed the bottom lobe of her right lung.

Lisa is just a little older than Teri so needless to say, this really had an impact on Teri. Also, Lisa looked to Teri for support so Teri needed to put her own feelings aside to be strong for her friend. I am so blessed by daughters who take their role as friends very seriously. Bob and I talked about that last night -- that each one is always "there" for whomever needs them and for that, we are so blessed.

Teri said that when Lisa called her a few weeks ago, she realized that she sounded a little unaffected at first and felt a little badly about that. She was just processing the info ... Lisa knows Teri pretty well. She told her boyfriend, "Give Teri about an hour and she will call back very upset" ... it was almost an hour on the nose! Teri called ... and she was bordering on hysterics as Teri can do.

Will appreciate your prayers .. it seems so many have been going through difficult times recently. We have received word of several who have died -- one as young as 7, one in his 30's -- another in his 50's. So many need prayer!!

On a lighter note maybe -- it's cold in Atlanta!! I have traveled from Atlanta to Indianapolis to the middle of PA -- and the fluxuations in temperatures seemed almost unbelievable! From 59 degrees in PA in the middle of February ... to snow a couple days later. Fortunately, it didn't stick!! I HATE driving in the snow!! Okay -- that sounds strong but I have strong feelings when it relates to driving in snow!!

However, we have our own version of 'black ice' when it rains after it has been very hot here in Florida. The oil on the roads comes to the surface and can become very slick. So, I guess I can't get completely away from driving challenges .. still, I'll take my Florida weather -- I hope to be back there on Monday afternoon -- for about 3 days. And then it's back to Indy again!! I am meeting myself coming and going!! I am anxious to get back to see Ava ... oh, and all the others, too, of course. I think Tyler is afraid that I was going away for a long time so I assured him on the phone that I would be back soon!!!
So much for now ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Linda, I have been off-line for so long. I have surely missed reading your posts. So,I have just read several of them so as to try to catch up a little. It has been a great journey! Love the pics too. We have about 1 1/4" of snow right here in south central KY. Probably about 60 degrees most of day and then..whaaam temp dropped drasticaly and the snow came! Burrrrr! We are visiting my step-son and his family for couple days before I travel to Ohio and then fly to FL for about a 10 day visit with sisters and their families.
Wishing safe travels always. Hope to be able to read your stories much more often now that we come to visit at step-son's more often.
God Bless always,
Sue

Vonnie said...

Linda, Don't I know the Pannel's you're talking about? She looks familiar to me and I think she has a brother named Kevin. Regardless, so sorry for Teri and her friend!!

LindaJo49 said...

Vonnie, You would know her -- she is Judith Colburn's niece, Donna's daughter.