Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It looked like a bomb had exploded ...


I have heard that term/description of a tornado/hurricane or a war zone. But, not quite a description of a leg!! Yesterday was my final follow-up appointment with my orthopedic surgeon (Dr. George Canizeras, above). Whew -- I can finally spell his name!! I had just decided to call him "Dr. C" since I couldn't seem to ever get it quite right!

He shook his head as he described what he had seen on the x-ray -- "It looked like a bomb had exploded in your leg." He followed it up with, "All I can say, someone upstairs was certainly looking out for you!!!"

When he came in the room, I already knew from his assistant that it had been quite a morning with other patients. So, he had just picked up my chart, was a little quiet and then looked up with, "Oh, hi!!" Bright and cheery .. He asked, "How are you doing?"I said, "I think great since I walked from one end of an airport to the other." He said, "You're kidding, right?"

I assured him I was not and I'll have to admit, the walk had been a long one. (lol!)I really don't have a super pain tolerance but I guess I have him fooled. He said, "I couldn't believe it when I talked to you in GA and you sounded bright and chipper. You should have been in horrific pain." I assured him that as long as I didn't move my leg, I had no pain. Moving it -- well, that was an entirely different story.

He still is shaking his head -- but we know and he knows that his hands were guided by the great Hands of a healing God!!! I am so blessed!!

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

Thanking the Lord for His touch... and Dr. C too!! :)