Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The rest of the story ....

I was going to write more yesterday and as you can see, it just didn't happen!! Fallin' down on the job, I guess! It was a beautiful day on Sunday -- perfect for a birthday party -- especially outside! Sandi had food set up on their back porch and tables set up outside. Of course, several found places inside where it seemed to be a little cooler. There were others who were not necessarily thrilled that a sign "No TV Today" had been taped to their TV. Sandi and Tim were pretty sure that some party goers would have stopped there and not passed 'go' to go on outside. Football games were on -- but, Sunday was party day and 'party' we did! Little guy style!

Star Wars was the theme and if you asked me anything about it, you would probably get a blank stare. I have no clue who is whom and what is what. It's pretty sad that I had to look up how to spell Princes Leia (I wanted to spell it Leah .... go figure!) Did I actually spell it right? Who knows! I think Sandi read lots before she threw this party since she was pretty sure Tyler knew more than she did. Although, they are careful about what he watches so who knows where he learned about Star Wars.


One of the things I thought was really neat was the 'pinata'. Rather than using a bat to beat the poor thing to death, each of the kids grabbed a streamer and on the "1-2-3 GO" instruction, they all yanked their streamer. Tim had to help the Darth Vader mask pinata open up a little but out came candy and little boys were waiting. I heard no distress calls as they filled their little bags -- believe it or not, they all seemed to be happy with what they got! Wow!


It is always hard for Tim and Sandi to choose who they will invite -- people look forward to their parties and while they don't want to offend anyone, they knew that the typical over 100+ could send Tyler into melt down mode and they didn't want that. A 'crowd' of about 50-60 seems to work well. Tyler really enjoyed having new friends Gordon and Cannon Lombos all the way from California. (I hope I spelled their names correctly.) They are the grandsons of Rex And LaWanda Bullock (the sons of their daughter Sherilyn and her husband, Allen).


So .. there was food -- chili -- 2 kinds! My kind and Tim's kind -- how's that for description. Doesn't tell you much, huh?! There were chips and dips and veggies and dip and hot dogs with anything you wanted on them. I cut up the onions -- and didn't even cry in the process. Woohoo for me! Of course, there was a cake -- a Yoda cake! Sandi had no clue what it should look like other than a photo but I think she did a pretty good job!!


So, what will it be next year? I can almost guarantee you that within about a month, we'll know what the plans will be for that party. Makes me tired thinking of it -- but, it did take a lot less time this year than it has in other years. Wow! I've included a photo of her 'prize' bags she gave to each of the boys who attended - and the mask as well.


I'm tired thinking about it all so will stop for now -- I'm ready for a nap!! Oops -- only 3:30pm -- hardly time for a nap or I must be getting old!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a celebration! You guys certainly know how to have fun. Tyler is one blessed little guy!
Noni