Friday, December 7, 2007

Okay .. carrying on the 'tradition' ...

A little Christmas Survey....
I saw this on Amy Benson's blog and then on Mary Ellen's blog, so here goes ...

1. Christmas tree up yet? Yes -- I usually get it up the day after Thanksgiving -- this year, it was a week later.

2. Any Christmas decorations up yet? Some -- I got the tree done!

3. What are you asking for for Christmas? Nothing in particular -- except framed photos of my kids and their families!!

4.What do you usually do on Christmas Eve? Go to a late Christmas Eve service (11pm). This year, I am actually helping with the choir at our church's 7pm service. We always have liked the late service, too.

5. What do you usually do on Christmas Day? The kids come over in the afternoon. I almost always make scalloped potatoes/ham. If I don't, they would think I was sick!! We open gifts --usually we eat first but we changed that last year and let the kids open gifts first!

6. Do you own any Christmas clothes or jewelry? Earrings and some sweaters.

7. Do you use white or colored Christmas lights? All white.

8. Do you bake Christmas cookies? Usually -- and I get the grandkids involved. Although that gets pretty crazy when you involve little boys. They get more confectioners sugar on them then on the cookies. Oh, well!!

9. Do you buy Christmas presents for your whole family? That depends on who you describe as the 'whole family'. Our whole family -- meaning our kids and grandkids, yes. Other than that, no. Mom, Dad, etc., yes.

10. How many friends do you buy presents for? A few

11. Is there a Santa Claus? Well, my kids thought there might be one until they were about 10.
They actually knew all along who was the real Santa!!

12. Favorite Christmas Carol? I'd love to play Christmas music all year long! However, Silver Bells has always been a favorite.

13. Would you rather it be a white Christmas, or a warm Christmas? I like to SEE a white Christmas but I like to be in a warm one!

14. Was last year a good christmas? Each Christmas is different but when there are children involved, it's always good no matter what!

15. Which Christmas color do you like better? Red

16. Do you get a real Christmas tree, or is it artificial? Prelit 9ft tree!

17. When you get older, will you get a real or artificial tree? When I get older?? How old do you have to be to be 'older'??

18. Do you hang stockings? Of course - it's the first thing my girls head for -- their kids aren't as anxious as they are. Of course, they all help to fill the kids' stockings!!

19. When opening presents, does your family all open them at the same time? We tried to do one at a time but with a room full of kids, we decided they all want to do it at once. The adults may take a little longer.

20. What is usually in your stocking? Always something interesting.

21. Do you get up early on Christmas day? Not necessarily since the girls have their own family Christmases before they come to our house.

22. Does your family eat breakfast before or after opening presents? Since they open them after lunch, I suppose it would be after breakfast, too!!

23. Do you have a favorite ornament you hang on the tree? I have a bunch of them -- however, the ones that Sandi has made for the kids are my favorites. Which reminds me, I need to get them on the tree!

24. What Christmas movie do you like to watch the most? I'm not really sure. I enjoy the Rudolph and Charlie Brown programs so maybe it's not a movie but the Christmas shows. My girls enjoyed those when they were little.

25. What do you like better, Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Both!

No comments: