Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Stepping Up!

Last night, I attended a Bible Study that my sister-in-law, Susan, hosts at her home here in Hampton, Georgia. Right now, they are doing a six week study by Beth Moore, "Stepping Up". I was very inspired (not sure that is the correct word) about praying the Psalms and what impact music can have in our lives. Amy Balty led the discussion time -- she is refreshingly transparent and I so enjoy her approach to life. She's willing to share the good and the tough such adjusting to their move to Georgia. Many have read her blogs along the way and we all feel like we have been able to experience the trip with her. (Thanks for letting us do that, Amy!)


Since David's (Amy's husband) parents live in the Milan, Illinois area and our backgrounds are very similar (Bible Missionary Church), we had lots to talk about when everyone had gone other than Susan, Tim and myself -- and after David had called twice to make sure she was safe and not out on the side of the road somewhere, she decided she better head home! But, as always, it is a delight to be with her and her blog is always a great read!


Well, I hear there is possible sleet predicted for Atlanta tonight -- I'm not sure how they are here but when we lived in North Carolina, everything shut down if they even breathed the word "sleet" or "snow". I remember during one winter, there was a possibility of sleet (although they weren't quite certain yet...) and schools, churches and other events immediately canceled. And, of course, it didn't happen .. but everyone got a break!! LOL!
So ... guess I'll try to keep warm ....


No comments: