Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thanking God for His protection!!

This evening, I decided to return a CD book I had rented at a Cracker Barrel in St Pete as I was leaving home. I forgot that it was only rented for a week -- so decided I better return it this evening. The closest Cracker Barrel to my brother's home is at the next exit south on I-75 -- Exit 218. So, I headed out knowing that traffic is not always the best near 6pm. However, I was able to get onto I-75 and made it to the Cracker Barrel without incident. I returned the video, got back into my car and by the time I got to the stop light which wasn't too far from the interstate, a fire truck was racing towards the interstate. A moment later, a police car -- not far behind it, an ambulance.

I decided to run through KFC (since Tim, Susan and Michael were at a football banquet) and then headed back up I-75. It wasn't difficult to see that there had been a major accident -- right where I had passed just moments before. It had to have happened almost directly behind me since by this time, the hazardous materials fire truck already had spot lights set up -- all the traffic going south on I-75 was stopped.

I couldn't tell what all had happened but saw a badly damaged small car near the median. I breathed a prayer of thanksgiving ... more than once ... as I passed by knowing that God had kept His hand on my vehicle and kept me safe. I am indeed blessed!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I hallucinated. Did you just say you rented a DVD at Cracker Barrell? That's too funny!

Thinking about you!

LindaJo49 said...

Hmmm ... I think I said it was a CD rather than a DVD! We've done that for years! Great way to pass the time!