Friday, April 18, 2008

Shake, Rattle and Roll!!


Rachel and I were up at the crack of dawn -- I take that back -- we were up before the crack of dawn!! We were driving along when Rachel received a text message from Allen and said, "We just had an earthquake!" We didn't feel it ... at least, I don't think we did. There are potholes in Indiana so we may have just thought it was a pothole and actually, I'm not sure that we would have felt much riding in a car.


However, my brother, Mark, told me that he and his wife were awakened by it. It was a side-to-side motion and they were quite unsettled for a few moments.


I thought I'd share just a couple photos of the kids at IHC (Interchurch Holiness Convention) as they were preparing for the Children's Choir to sing -- there are usually about 200-250 kids in the choir and they sang their hearts out!!
It was neat to see so many "old friends" ... okay, so we are all getting a little older and hopefully, a little wiser. The latter would definitely be debatable!! Oh, well!
My sister is down for a few days - Roxanne, Sandi, Rachel and I are heading for Orlando tomorrow for a girls' weekend away! Hurray!! We shall have fun, I'm sure!! Hopefully, we won't stir up any trouble anywhere!! Then again ....

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

My mom felt the earthquake there in Dayton in the hotel. She thought she was just imagining something, but was gratified to know she wasn't losing her mind.