Friday, June 20, 2008

Conversations with little boys and dogs ...

The phone rang tonight and the ring tone told me it was Shonna. However, upon answering, I heard, “Hi!” It was RJ. Next question, “Whatcha doin’?” Well, I can’t remember what my first answer was but he reminded me that it was 9 o’clock and that was bedtime. Hmmm … “are you going to bed?” “Nope, we’re watching Indiana Jones”. "We" means Daddy and him since Shonna takes evening classes.

Then he said, “I wanted to call you to tell you I want you to come to my house tomorrow morning. About 10 o’clock.” Okay .. now I have a five year old grandson giving me orders! We chatted for a few minutes and then I asked him if he thought he would be going to school soon (he starts kindergarten this fall). He said, “Well, it’s not Sunday yet.” Good thought! I asked him if he liked Sunday School and did he have any friends there – “Yes, Emma.” Hmmm … is Emma your ‘girl friend’ .. okay, that’s pushing it but I always like to hear what he’ll answer next. "Yes, but I love Amanda, too. I see her everyday and everyday I say, 'I love you'. And she tells me, “I love you, too'.” (I didn't remember at the moment that Amanda is the teenage girl who works at Sonic -- they usually stop there everyday to get a drink.)

Then, he asked, “Do you want to talk to Bella?” Okay, Bella is the dog! And I hear him put the phone near Bella and say, “This is Nana, Bella. Say ‘hi’ to Nana.” He informed me then that Bella was quite happy that I had talked to her.

We began to wind down the conversation but not before he reminded me, “You are coming to my house. In the MORNING! About 10 o'clock. Remember that!”

So, probably in the morning, while I’m out on errands, I’ll run by their house and say ‘hi’ to RJ and also see his “Heads-Up Harry" guy (for the umpteenth time) – who lifts his head off. No, I’m not crazy but whoever invented that guy must be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how was your 'ordered' visit with R.J.? This is a cute post! :)

PS - I am having a difficult time trying to post on your BLOG. I have no URL, wrong URL, etc. Not sure what's getting through but I enjoy reading your blog. When I have the time, I want to start at the beginning. Later....
Noni