Thursday, June 19, 2008

Since the anniversary is over ...

... I can tell a couple cute stories on my little sis which happened at my wedding! They were quite funny and have been told more times than I can imagine! First of all ... she did NOT want to walk down the aisle with a boy! And if she couldn't do that, well, she would rather take her doll. She was not quite 4 years old and quite opinionated with a little bit of a stubborn streak (little?) added. We weren't sure what we were going to do and time was moving along! Soooooo -- we decided to bribe her with a dollar bill (amazing how much value there was to $1 back then!) So, hmmmm ... that meant more candy (at the candy store where she could never make up her mind what she wanted in the first place and then changed her mind a zillion times before we finally made it out of the door!) She'll get me for sharing this, I know!

Well ... down the aisle she went ... she very nicely went to my mother and said, "I want my dollar!" I'm not sure if I had actually made it down the aisle yet. My mother, wanting to keep her at least a little quiet, gave her the dollar in hopes of shushing her just a little. Are you kidding? She waved the dollar at Bette Towle, our organist, and whispered loudly, "Bette, I got my dollar!"

Then .... after the wedding, it was picture time. Where was Rachel? Nowhere to be found -- she had decided that playing outside was much more fun than staying in there for boring pictures! We found her -- carrying around her bouquet -- but it was missing the orchid, the primary flower of the bouquet. In the second picture, you can see her holding a bouquet and since the orchid was light colored, I'm not sure if that is a "before" or "after" photo!. I think in the first photo, she is waiting to go down the aisle -- her bouquet on the floor beside her, some other treasures she had hoped to accompany her down the aisle in her lap!! I am so glad I have these memories -- it was part of what made our wedding day very special!

2 comments:

Vonnie said...

I really enjoy your blog and all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that Crystal Fankhauser (sp?)in the background of the second picture? Thad