Monday, June 30, 2008

Fireworks ... enjoying some, avoiding others!!


I spent the night in Murfreesboro -- I didn't really notice when I checked into a hotel that there was a fireworks store right in front of the room where I was staying. But, about 9pm, I heard fireworks and looked outside. Quite a magnificant display for about half an hour.

I had avoided a fireworks display earlier as I left the Atlanta area. I am always so thankful for prayer support and God's guidance and safety as I travel. As you can see from the photo above, the storm had just moved across the area where I was driving -- it was just barely to my right and the roads took me right around it. Okay, so roads don't actually take you anywhere -- contrary to the country song, "Country roads, take me home ..."

So, I am blessed -- I talked to Susan late last night and she told me that there had been severe storms in the Atlanta area and she was a little concerned whether I had encountered any. I assured her that I was safe -- God had taken awesome care of me as I traveled!

Now I'm off for Indy!! Again, would appreciate prayer as I travel.

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

Said a prayer for your travels this evening!