Wednesday, July 2, 2008


I received a very cool welcome when I arrived in Indy -- but I welcomed the "cool welcome" readily!! It was about 72 degrees with a pretty stiff wind! It blew through my mother-in-law's home .. no, it didn't blow it over but she opened windows and doors so the breeze would flow right through it. It was refreshing!!

Now I am spending a couple days in Spiceland, Indiana -- population 800. Eight of those are related to me which makes the town special. (There's not much else special about it! lol!) It's always great to be with family!

On the 4th, I will be spending the day with Tom and Linda (Bob's sister, photo above) along with about 40 others. Tom has purchased fireworks (and wish he would learn how -- he had a dud already and thankfully, it didn't hurt Addison, Linda's granddaughter, who was nearby. Actually, it probably wasn't the fireworks fault -- duh!) There will be more food than we know what to do with ... typical 4th of July eats ... throughout the day. They live on over 30 acres in Greenwood, Indiana -- within the city limits!

So I'm looking forward to a nice weekend!!

No comments: