Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Birthdays, boys, bugs ...

After Tyler asked me if my son-in-law was old, I was reminded that Tim's birthday is right around the corner -- like two days. So, I'll say an early 'happy birthday' but he won't be paying much attention right now since he and Sandi are off at youth camp. They are having an awesome time and God is doing great things.

In the middle of that, they do have fun times. Tonight was "S.A.C.'s got talent" -- S.A.C. standing for South Atlantic Conference. Okay, so I know that will be funny but when Sandi called to talk to Tyler tonight, she said she had laughed so hard already she could hardly talk. Evidently it had been S.A.C.'s Top Model that sent the entire place into gales of laughter. I'm not sure who did the modeling or what they came up with, but if laughter is the best medicine, those campers will be the healthiest they have ever been when they return home! But, with all the seriousness during the day -- devotions, workshops, even worship sessions, they balance it out with fun, hysterical times. All in good taste! Christians can have fun!!

Okay, so now it is about 11:22pm and my mind is getting foggy after keeping up with Tyler today. Actually, he has been very good (for the most part except when he wasn't too happy with a rule I had given him and he pouted for about 3 minutes). I've actually gotten quite a lot done -- more than I thought I could with a seven year old busy little guy around.

How in the world did I raise my kids? Four of them -- all of them active critters .. all going different ways and not always knowing how they would get back when they left the house. (Sound familiar??) We survived and I'm sure they will, too. It's funny that I only do well (relatively speaking) when it's one on one. Somehow when I get more than one and the dynamics completely change, it's much more of a challenge. So, I'm sure I will have movies scheduled with Kamen and RJ soon .. at least in the next month or so. And it will be over to Winter Haven again to visit the gang there which make up one half of the grandkids!

Someone who is having their first grandchild, "Isn't it great to have a grandchild?" I assured her it was but when I didn't get up and do some type of dance, I'm sure she figured out that I was a seasoned grandmother -- and that could conjure up all kinds of visions so I think I will stop and call it a night for now.

And I'm yawning so much I can't seem to see the screeen -- that's scary. Now I need to carry Tyler off to bed and he weighs a ton, it seems. Now I've gone to ramblin'!

'Nough for now .. oh, the 'bug' thing? If you see the movie, Wall-E .. I think that's how you write it out -- well, he has a pet cockroach. That may be well and good for him -- but for me, I will pass on it, thank you very much!

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

OK, I think I got caught up mostly! Good to hear about Sandi and her husband having a great youth camp. We are headed into ours this week and then we are sending the girls to Virginia to U. Lincoln's and then they are going to Appalachian youth camp from there!!