Saturday, July 26, 2008

"Green thumb" is not in my vocabulary anywhere. I have tried to add it but I never made it! So, I visit my mother-in-law's garden and bask in all that she accomplishes! She definitely does not look 88 years old!! Nor does she act like it -- she has as much fun as the rest of us!

Tonight, it was 'have shovel, can dig'! Not me, of course! Me -- I was "have camera, will shoot"!!

I took a mini-tour of the garden and saw this 'little' cabbage -- little? Hardly!! So, I guess you know who has the green thumb!! And she says, "All I do is set out little cabbage plants." But, I can assure you that if I did that -- the little cabbage plants would die! I took the photo below on my cell phone.


So, I am blessed when I visit with great "garden variety", home grown food!! I am pretty spoiled... when I arrived at her house on Wednesday noon, she had lunch already on the table!! Wow!!


We had gone out to eat last evening and were barely in the house when she said, "I'm going to change so we can go to the garden!"



Needless to say, she gives some of her garden goods to family and close friends!!



The cucumber below is almost 18 inches long!!




No comments: