Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Bob and Rachel!!!

Tomorrow, Bob and Rachel both celebrate their birthdays. Actually, today is Shaley's birthday -- Rachel and Allen's daughter. She's 12 years old and growing up into a beautiful young lady!!


I met Bob when Rachel was about a month old. I didn't really get acquainted with him for a few months but needless to say, Rachel doesn't remember life without Bob. ("What about Bob?")




There's quite an age difference obviously -- I was almost 15 when Rachel was born and Bob is three years older than I am. Rachel has not been just a sister but also one of my very best friends (along with my girls!)

Then we have two more birthdays -- Kamen will be 10 on Thursday (the 11th) and my brother, Joel's, grandson, Joel Ryan, will be five years old on Thursday. (Two September 11th birthdays!)


So, happy birthday everyone ... We have another friend who celebrates a birthday tomorrow. Dr. Don Riggs who pastored the West Morris Street Free Methodist Church in Indianapolis. I had the privilege of working for him and his wife, Iris, for a few years. So, a special 'happy birthday' to him as well.
Wow ... I need to go get ready for a birthday party tonight -- we are celebrating Kamen's birthday with a few close friends. Then, he is soooo excited because he gets to go to the Nickelodeon Hotel on Thursday. It's an awesome place to celebrate a birthday!!

No comments: