Friday, September 12, 2008

Thinking of my mom ....

It's almost two years since my mother went to heaven and for some reason, today I feel her especially near. I decided to update my music on my blog so if you hear a song starting, it is the one that Rachel sang at my mother's funeral service, "If You Could See Me Now". I think of several who have gone on to heaven recently -- two of those most recently have been Rev. Mark Russell, Sr., and Dan Downing's mother.

When my sister sang, her face litrally beamed and I had the feeling that she caught a glimpse of my mom -- her pain gone (finally!!) and she was where she had wanted to be for so long!

Do I wish her back? Maybe in some ways but I know that I will one day see her again -- so, if you have time ... listen to the song and remember those who have gone on ahead of us!

I was looking for the photo above and there was one right beside it -- while my heart had been a little heavy missing Mother -- this photo brought a chuckle as it was so typical of her. I wish I knew the amount of money my mother had put into post-it-notes and duct tape. This is what my dad found when he came home one day!!


No comments: