Wednesday, September 3, 2008

They grow up toooo fast!!


It's hard to believe that Kasi will be 18 in a couple months! It seems like yesterday, she was just a little gal who we loved to dress up in frilly dresses. Her dark complexion and dancing brown eyes always captivated people who saw her.

One of the funniest things as she was growing up was how she perceived herself. She was with me one day at a store and she looked at the lady behind us ... "You're brown, just like me!" She told the lady who seemed a little taken back by Kasi's statement. (Kasi always insisted that she was not 'black', she was 'brown'. She had a point!)

This week, Kasi posted photos of her and my niece, Shara, on her myspace account. Talk about bringing back memories!!! Shara just turned 18 in July and Kasi's birthday is in November. They have always been close but this photo seemed to capture one of their fun times! So, I couldn't pass up sharing it here - I'm not sure where they got the shoes!