Sunday, August 31, 2008

Oh, Where, Oh, Where???


I was one of those who thought having a "Bluetooth" (whoever came up with that name) sticking out of their ear was simply for status sake. Well, that was before I tried to talk on the phone and drive for any distance. Once I got one, I was hooked!

So, tonight I needed to make a couple longer calls, hooked up the bluetooth to my ear and was off and running. One of my calls was to my brother, Thad, in the photo with my dad. For some reason, I decided to scratch my ear, forgot the bluetooth was there and it went sailing through the air.

Now, remember that I am in a wheelchair - I am sitting at my desk in the office and somewhere on the floor is my bluetooth, which, of course, sort of melts into the color of the carpet! I call for Kasi since I think she is within voice range at the same time, yelling, "Thad, hang on. I've got to find my bluetooth -- Kasi, can you help me?" She thought I had absolutely gone a little nutty and I could hear Thad talking to me from the floor somewhere. And I'm trying to assure him that I will be there as soon as I can find him!

So we followed the voice and I got the bluetooth back on my ear and Thad had a great laugh -- okay, I did, too -- it's fun to laugh at yourself (if it isn't too embarrassing!) So, I guess I'll be one of the bluetooth (or 'teeth') people unless I forget, scratch my ear and someone wonders what in the world is flying towards them. (It looks like a mini-bat!)

No comments: