Tuesday, November 18, 2008

How can something so little change our lives so much!


This little "thing" weighs about 9-1/2 pounds so shouldn't affect anything too much, right? But, wow!! Our schedule seems to revolve around "her" -- I should never refer to Ava June as a "thing" and my apologies for doing so. (You would think I would just go back and delete that part. If it were in the "olden" days, I would look for the liquid paper or some sort of erase type of thingy. Remember those strips we would use to erase an error in our typing? Oh, how times have changed!)

Anyway, little Ava has certainly made an impression on all of us. Since Roxanne and Chris live in our home, too, that gives me quick access to our little great-granddaughter. And what fun that has been -- even when she spent most of the night with me when she just couldn't seem to get to sleep and her mommy was exhausted.

Now, along with changing our schedule, it seems our home has become Grand Central Station -- for high schoolers (who are Kasi's schoolmates -- she went back to school today!) This evening, a group from her cheer leading team dropped in including moms! I opened the door not really expecting anyone this evening -- and there was a whole line of people. So much for not really dressing up much today. Oh, well .. I'll hide in my office and write this up while they visit in the living room. Maybe in a little while, I can make a dash for my room and hope nobody notices. Sure ...
Ava's a good little girl already although she's already developing a personality. She started to smile (other than a 'gas' smile) yesterday and I think everyone cheered. You would think we haven't had a baby in our house in years! I'll admit that it feels a little different being "once removed" ... being a 'great' grandmother. However, it's interesting when either Rox or Kasi are unsure how to handle something, they are quick to come to me and ask. Maybe they are just trying to be kind and not wanting me to feel left out.
So .. we'll enjoy this little gal who has brought some change into our lives! Even if it interrupts our schedule and I awake to her sleeping peacefully beside me!

2 comments:

Vonnie said...

She is so precious!

Bette said...

She is beautiful, Linda. Enjoy every moment. These days of a little one pass far too quickly. Think of you all often....Love, Bette