Monday, November 17, 2008

More weather news -- won't bore you with it all!

I received another weather bulletin -- this one longer than the last one. I won't bore you with the details other than to say that the concern is more about weather below freezing and how it affects our crops here -- oranges, strawberries, etc. Anyone been to the Strawberry Festival in Plant City? If not, it's a great place to visit in Florida. Oh, when was I there last? Probably once in the last ten years. It's great -- however, it is a very busy place and I prefer to stay out of the craziness.

By the way, big news! Ava smiled today -- really smiled. Okay, so I'm a great-grandmother and it's only been 18 months since the last baby smiled but each one is special in their own way!!

I was talking to her (no baby talk, just a nice little conversation) and she smiled so big, she almost couldn't contain it!

Tyler loves his cousin, Ava, but expressed some concern today as he sees that Ava has found a place in his mom's and dad's hearts, also. He wondered if Ava would take his place. Needless to say, he was very quickly assured that he has the very special place in his parents' hearts and no one can take that place -- ever! He seemed very content with the answer and told me that he would be Ava's protector -- and I am sure he will be just that. The photo tells that story!

No comments: