Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Is it winter yet???

I was in Atlanta for about 10 days and during that time, it went from a low of about 28 degrees at night to the upper 60's one day -- maybe even into the 70's. I am home now and it is supposed to be about 79 degrees today. I'm not sure if winter is going to skip us here in Florida or if it is delaying its arrival and will arrive with a vengeance. I will be traveling to Indiana at the end of the month and I'm afraid I will get my 'winter' fix in about five minutes! Some think we are crazy for living in Florida in 'all that heat'!! Well ... I can assure you that I will take a little warmer weather in the summer in exchange for all that cold winter weather, snow, sleet, ice, etc., of the north country! I just don't like driving in the snow nor having to clean the ice off of windows.

I usually have to hang my coat on the front door whenever I am traveling north as I would forget it if I didn't. We wear coats in Florida, too -- like when the temperature gets down below 60 and we think we are freezing to death! Not quite that bad but almost!!!

By the way, I have almost retired my cane!! I guess when I realized I had left it a few places along the way and had to go retrieve it, it was time to let it go. It was sort of a 'crutch' but not a crutch! So, now I just have to try to get the limp out of the walk which may be hard to do since I am 'off' about a half inch anyway -- no comments please! I carried kids on my hip since I was about 7 years old which seemed to have caused me to have one hip 'higher' than the other one. Whether that's the reason or not, it sounds like a good excuse!!

I guess I'll enjoy my warm weather today and try to remember that it is truly January!!

No comments: