Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Busy, fun days ....

Rachel and her family arrived about 5:15am Monday morning ... early!! They had driven through the night so I left a key hidden for them. I never heard them arrive -- even though there were 7 of them!

They are 'hitting' Adventure Island and Busch Gardens this week before heading over to Orlando on Sunday.

It's always fun to have family -- right now, Seth (9) and Tyler (8) are out in our pool having a great time -- at least, I'm sure it's great since I can hear water splashing. Seth opted out of going with the family today -- they actually have 14 day passes so it's not so urgent for him to be with them. He was sure he just wanted to hang out here today!

I can't believe it's the middle of June already -- it seems we take a deep breath and a month has passed! Kids are growing ... fast! I loved what Tyler told Sandi and me a couple days ago after Rachel and Allen had arrived. He was certain that Shaley, 12, and Juliana, 11, had literally grown up overnight. He stated, "Shaley and Juliana have really grown up. They're AMAZING! I think they're out of college now!" So much for an 8 year old's perspective!!

And Ava ... she's 7 months old now, pulling herself up then proudly showing us that she can hold on with just one hand! She crawls so fast that you have to race to keep up with her! And she can wave 'hi' and even say "Hi" now. Just like her grammy (Roxanne) who said her first word, "Hi" when she was also 7 months old! What fun we are having watching her growing up.

But, time passes way to quickly for me ... Just yesterday, Roxanne was a baby -- now she is a grandmother -- so, of course, that makes me a great grandmother and I am certainly not ready to be that old yet!

Father's Day is just around the corner ... literally. And as I ponder that, I'm reminded that I have two of the best fathers in the world .. my own dad who has been an awesome father and my husband, who has been a wonderful father to our four daughters! For that, I am extremely blessed!

No comments: