Friday, July 29, 2011

Wow .... months have gone by ....

I realized that it has been months (literally) since I have posted here so the chance of anyone reading it is probably pretty slim and I would understand that completely.  It seems that with the coming of Facebook, most have sort of made the switch and while it is great, it doesn't lend itself to blogging.  I just got done reading several blog posts of a friend and what a delight it was. So thought I might just job down a few thoughts here today. (A long time since January, huh?)

It's been a warm summer but not like the heat of the north right now. I am always amused by folks who lump all of Florida into the statement "Florida is TOO hot for me! I'd never live there!"  Usually those statements come from people who might have spent a week at a time here or maybe not even stepped foot in the state but have taken the opinions of others and made them their very own. (There's a whole sermon topic there!)

We celebrated 20 years in Florida the first part of this month. Bob and I went over to the Spaghetti Warehouse in Tampa yesterday (15 layer Lasagna for $5 -- couldn't pass up that deal) and on the way back discussed how much we love living here. We live near the gulf and so we have a breeze blowing most of the time -- we are not as hot as the central part of the state (Orlando) so please don't lump us with them when making an assumption about our hot summers! We are usually about 4 or 5 degrees cooler.

Okay .. now I feel better ... don't you love it when people use their blog to vent about unimportant things and I probably just added my name to that list!!!

Time passes quickly -- it's hard to believe that our oldest is turning 41 in September and our next one will be 40 next week!! Our oldest grandchild will be 21 in November and our great-grandchild will be 3 in October. And there are others in-between ... let's see ... ages??? Kasi, 21; Marley, 15; Regan, 14; Kamen, almost 13 (September); Regan, 12; Tyler, 10; RJ, 8; Rudy, 4; and Ava, 3 in October. Yeah, I remembered!!

So many fun times -- I love the calls I get from our girls -- from "Mom, I am so sorry ..." (referring to their growing up years) to "You won't believe what your grandchild said or did today!!"

So, I'll finish this post with a cute thing that Roxanne posted on her Facebook about Ava ... 

So today I was working with Ava on her cute little singing abilities and we did what I used to do with her Mommy. We sang the word "VI-BRA-TO" and added some vibrato at the end of it. Then Ava proceeded to sing "VI-BRA-HEAD" and "VI-BRA-EYES" and then she says to me, "Mayme, your head and your eyes are much pretttier than your toe"...Love her!!

No comments: