Monday, January 28, 2008

I am heading for Indianapolis this week -- and I think I must be a little crazy after I checked the weather forecast. Our forecast is for the 70's -- theirs is for in the 30's or so although today and tomorrow are warmer for them. Of course, they would give us a cold welcome. After all, we usually give Hoosier's a wet welcome -- it seems that the rain always follows them right down here. Wish we could take along some warm weather .. however, I don't think that will happen. Hopefully, my driving skills will be acceptable and I won't end up in some ditch somewhere. Last year when we arrived in Indy, they were preparing for the Super Bowl. This year won't quite be the same but that's okay, too.

Last night, RJ spent some time with me. He was coughing a little and I asked him if he was okay. He said, "I am. I'm still happy!" You just never know what will come out of the mouths of babes -- like on the cell phone when I missed a call and realized that it was just Rudy calling! Pretty funny to have a 10 month old baby calling you on a cell phone .. all I usually hear is deep breathing.

Chris, Rox and the kids just returned from Sea World yesterday after a couple days of competition for Kasi in competitive cheerleading. I believe they came in second with an invitation to go to "World" -- I'm not sure what all that means but it must be pretty good!! I'm amazed at all the energy expended in one performance that only lasts a few minutes! Chris sent me some photos from Sea World as Teri and her kids came and met them there.

While they were all over there, Tyler spent time with me while his mom and dad directed the Conference Youth Day "Reality Check" at our church. What an awesome day it was for all of them. On Saturday, Sandi and Tim directed a conference youth event for the Free Methodist Church. Together, they have directed four summer youth camps, a leader training event and the event on Saturday, Reality Check, which will be the theme of the camp this summer. (I'm sure I've missed listing other events!) I have asked her to write up a synopsis of the event which hopefully she will get done soon. But, I thought I would pass along a few photos which tell part of the story -- like "Are You Smarter Than a Bible Quizzer" -- the Bible quizzers challenging the Youth Pastors! Or Fear Factor -- and I won't tell you what all they had to try to eat -- Sandi said the smell was enough to make you gag! Of course, the most important part was to worship their Lord together -- whether through times of music and prayer -- or workshops -- or fun.


Shonna and Ron were in the mix at Sea World so all the kids were busy on Saturday. I had a grand time with Tyler on Friday night and Satuday and RJ last night ... they can operate a computer almost better than I can!! Yikes!!
So, better go find some warm clothes!!

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

So neat!! Your kids seem really nice and dedicated to the Lord!