Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's not only cold ... SNOW and SLEET are ...

... in the forecast here in Indiana. Why is it that we seem to bring out the cold weather when we come up here. I take that back -- it's supposed to be 47 here on Monday so I guess that will be a heat wave. But, until then ... yikes!! I do not like to drive in the snow at all -- it's like I feel the car feels safer in a ditch where I cannot drive anywhere at all. I was so sure that the snow would start earlier this afternoon when I was out in Spiceland visiting my sister, her family -- and my dad. Since the weather system was coming from the west, I figured by the time we got back to Indy, the snow and sleet would have me paralyzed with fear! But ... even after watching my nephew, Jimmy, play a game of basketball (where the game was delayed because a ref either forgot to show up or thought the time was later than scheduled) .. it was just windy but no hint of snow! But, who knows what the morning will bring!!






We did have a great day today -- Roxanne and I, that is. We stopped by to see Shara at her job at the The Oak Store -- and, of course, Roxanne and her humor took over and before you knew it .. voila! We were in cowboy hats and she was grabbing a lasso or rope or whatever it was ..

Then it was off to Rachel's and Seth Mark met me at the door -- anxious to show off his latest Lego creations which are quite awesome -- and ready to share his latest stash of our favorite candies!



Lunch with my dad was a highlight for Roxanne and me -- what was neat, also, was to hear him sing for a couple there who recently celebrated 74 years of marriage. "I Love You Truly" was the song he sang to my mother each night .. what a special treat to hear him sing to them.






The evening finished with Jimmy's basketball game (he's #30) -- that is, before we got back to Bob's mother's home where she had homemade soup waiting on us! We are truly blessed!!

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

That is so precious about your dad singing "I love you truly" to your mom every night. I love stuff like that!!