Friday, January 4, 2008

Why do we affect people this way?

Who is ... we? And who exactly is "us"? Our family? And, if so, who is our 'family'? Is it the Bedford family -- extended? Or perhaps the Boynton family?

I think it is all of the above and I do not have enough room to post the photos to prove it. All I know is that photos can never be taken without a yell of, "We gotta do a CRAZY photo!" It doesn't matter where we are or what we are doing!! At Shonna's wedding, the photographer who was a good friend of ours, thought we were all crazy when we told him we wanted a crazy photo!! And I am sure that my mother was laughing in heaven when, at the dinner following her funeral, we had another CRAZY photo -- yes, in honor of our mother and grandmother!! She knew it went with the territory!

So, on Wednesday evening, when Sandi and I headed down to the Port Charlotte, FL, area to see Jene' and a young man she wanted us to meet, it was a 'given' that along with the regular photos we wanted to take -- there had to be one CRAZY one! Of course! So, whatever the future holds, Roger found out that to be part of this family, you must be willing to act the part. And exactly what does that mean? Why, posing for the craziest photos ... and the crazier the better!

I rest my case!!






No comments: