Saturday, January 5, 2008

Phone call ... deep breathing ... won't hang up ....

This actually happened today!! My phone rings ... I hear deep breathing ... "Hello? Hello!!" No response except for a muted voice ....

I say, "Hello? Anybody there??"

Nothing but more deep breathing!

I call into the phone .... "Hello!!!"

Nothing ... the minutes pass -- it's now been about 4-1/2 minutes ... still more deep breathing ...

Who could it be???

Who else???? Rudy!!! My 8 month old grandson who loves to play with his mommy's phone. He very nicely dialed his Nana!! It didn't matter how much I suggested that he hand the phone over to Mommy ... nope, he was not done with that breathing into the phone!

I finally decided just to hang up the phone (after making all kinds of noises to get Mom to hear me which didn't work) and evidently it disconnected the phone enough that Mom was able to answer it ... "Uh, has Rudy had your phone in the last few minutes?"

"Yes, I'm at a baby shower so I let him play with it."

"Well .... he just called me! Glad it's on a Saturday when you have free minutes on your cell phone." I thought about reminding her that if he starts racking up the minutes now, what will he do when he is a teenager. Somehow, I don't think she'd take me too seriously!

No comments: