Wednesday, March 26, 2008

These are TAXing Times!!

Okay, so I meet myself coming and going and I dream of figures and figure out challenges that are taxing right now -- income tax season, that is! And busy isn't quite the word for it -- if I can just hang on for the next three weeks or so, I think I might stay sane ... well, relatively speaking, that is!!

Fortunately, the weekend after April 15th, my girls have planned a weekend away (and invited my sister to join us) ... this was their Christmas gift to me! What a gift!! I wish it were this weekend -- but I eagerly anticipate this time together. It will just four of us on this trip as Shonna and Teri had other commitments (Shonna is in school) ... but I know that when you get Roxanne, Sandi, Rachel and me together -- who knows what may happen! Two days in Orlando!! Or three days and two nights. I am definitely looking forward to it.

Tonight, I am at my sisters and all is quiet. I wonder why? Maybe it's because they are all at church right now and I sort of played hookey -- don't worry, I am not being anti-spiritual or anything of the sort. It was just a long day and I arrived later than I planned after stopping in to see my dad for a few minutes.

I spent a couple days with Tim and Nova Ferguson -- I love being in their home in northern Ohio. It is like being in a lodge in Colorado. Their wall (high ceilings!) is filled with hunting trophies -- five of them came from a hunting safari in Africa. Even Nova has some trophies up there! I tagged along with them to their church last night where a Ministerial was being held for the Pilgrim Holiness Church of NY. I told the conference superintendent I had come all the way from Florida to hear him speak -- he said, "I came all the way from Florida to speak!" Evidently he had been in Hobe Sound. He gave an excellent message and I enjoyed running into some old friends.

It is quieter here than it was Sunday night when I stopped through. There was a houseful -- like 30 people -- playing games and making noise but having loads of fun!!! I'm sure I will be begged into playing video games with the nieces and nephew shortly -- so better make sure I am finished with whatever I am doing at the moment!!

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

Awwwww, you got to see U. Tim and A. Nova. Yes I love their house too, and so does my hunter husband. They always tell their hunting stories when they are together!