Friday, May 30, 2008

Are we ready yet? Nooooo ... not quite!

Rachel has a list -- rather, she has LISTS!! How many? I'm not sure but she has to have one of those biggy type of paper clips to hold it together. It's funny - we drive down the road and she's asking herself (and sometimes answers), "Let's see -- where is the church list?" Last night, it was chasing down chocolate fountains ... two of them. I'm not sure I have ever checked out the big metropolis of Spiceland but I did last night. Population - 750. My brother, Joel, claims it may have climbed to 800 by now! Actually, it's small enough that little kids are walking up and down sidewalks without fear .. neighbors are standing outside talking.

While I am writing, Rachel is telling me what we need to do. Pull everything out ... what does that mean? Well, she's been up in the attic (I didn't go as I probably couldn't have gotten up there much less gotten back down!), she's dug up enough frames and photos of Shara to go on all the tables ... (she's talking to herself again), card tables, more food stuff than you can imagine!

She has six themed tables planned for today -- Cake table, Candy table, Picnic table, Dip table (with spinach dip and cheeseballs); Vegetable table, Chocolate fountain(s) table. Sandi helped her put it all together so we have another list to follow for that. I'm not a list person by nature -- but I'm sure glad she knows what we are doing.

I think I better quit while I am ahead -- she's circling the table trying to make sure she has everything in order. (I don't ever worry -- she's a great person of 'order' .. I just follow her 'orders' and it works well!)

Have a great Friday -- I keep thinking it's Saturday so probably by tomorrow, I will be thinking it's Sunday. Especially since Shara's graduation is at a church!!

No comments: