Thursday, May 22, 2008

Do I have to LIKE dentists??

Okay, so I don't like dentists -- other than dentists who are friends! (You know who you are!) But, other than that, they rate way down on my list of 'likes' ... actually, I don't even think they make the list. But, when part of a crown fell out -- and it was from a front tooth -- I knew I had to make the trek back to the dentist who put in the crown a year ago. (Not quite a year since they are replacing it for free since it has been less than a year.)

Backtracking a little -- I was going to get up early yesterday morning and head to Orlando to catch up with Rachel and her family for a day of fun. But, then the plans changed and I was off to find the dental clinic. I drove up and down the street -- after all, wasn't I on Belcher Road and the number was 1030? There was 950 and then it jumped to 1200 -- no dental clinic. Just new condos! I called Sandi -- can you check on-line. It was a newly built office a year ago -- surely they hadn't torn it down for these condos. However, in Florida, anything can happen -- anywhere!! I got a phone number, called and they gave me the same address. 1030 Belcher Road South - between Ulmerton and East Bay. I am between Ulmerton and East Bay. Uh-oh -- oops! Turned to soon and I am on Starkey instead of Belcher!! Go figure! Now my brain is affected as well as my tooth!!
I arrived at 10:30am -- left at 1:45pm!! However, there wasn't much pain although I did have a numb feeling for a while since they had to take the rest of the crown off. It was quite a sight. No, I didn't take pictures -- I would have scared everyone!! Believe it or not, I found the piece that had broken off so they were able to bond it back onto the tooth so they could take another impression. Okay, tooooo much information, I know!!

The dental assistant, I found out, is from Auburndale so we had much to talk about. (For those who don't know, we lived in Auburndale for about four years when we moved to Florida.) They made a temporary crown so I at least won't scare anyone until I get the permanent one in a few weeks.

So .. I headed to Orlando -- reversed my schedule somewhat, but that's life, isn't it! When I arrived, four of the Southerland clan headed to play basketball with four guys from New Jersey who have grown up on 'street' basketball. Believe it or not, the Southerlands won three out of four games!! The guys sort of got after Jimmy for apologizing whenever he fouled one of them -- they weren't used to anyone quite so polite. So, anyway ... we had the game and then headed to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner to celebrate Jimmy's 13 birthday which was on Tuesday. I stepped outside to take a phone call and saw police cars around -- not sure what was taking placed but I decided to go back inside quickly after hearing the word "shot". Never did figure out what happened. So much excitement for a day -- then it was to "Dippin' Dots" to finish the night out. We walked in just as David Cook was announced as the "Idol" winner and that brought much applause from this crowd. I've rambled way to much so here are a few photos ...

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

UGH!! I need to go get a crown on one of my teeth and I am putting it off. I do not like dentists!