Friday, May 23, 2008

Scary times!!

Sandi called me yesterday -- I was in Orlando with Rachel's family. Her question, "Who do we know in Windsor, Colorado?" She had been watching the news about the tornadoes in Colorado and remembered "Windsor". I thought, "Oh, no ... that's where John and Eve (Etter) McCormack live .. and they live up on a hill just outside town." I tried to call Eve's cell phone and it went immediately to voice mail. Sandi told me that all cell phone and land lines were out. I thought I'd take a chance and send an email -- this was Eve's response last evening (and yes, this is her photo) -- I read it with a sense of relief even though they were experiencing some damage. At least, they were safe!! I asked if they were okay and she answered ... "Okay - kids r in lock down in school in fort collins now. The house has 2 broken windows and water in the house so I am trying to clean up as I write - our outside table was picked up and thrown - the umbrella is ruin - I saw the huge grill that we have just get thrown off the deck on its face - I will write more later. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T"

No comments: