Thursday, May 1, 2008

Little boys are special ...


Please pray for our grandson, RJ, who is to have some corrective surgery tomorrow at All Children's Hospital. (scheduled for 10:45am) While it appears to be a routine type of surgery, needless to say, it brings some fear and concern to parents and grandparents. So, we would appreciate your prayers -- I know Shonna and Ron will, too!

One of the things I miss about being away from home is getting to see my grandkids -- especially the little guys who live nearby. Sometime it is a hug from Kamen, an "I love you" from Tyler and an "uh, too" ... after I've told RJ I love him (his rendition of "I love you, too"), each one is a precious memory.

Today, I got to be with another special little guy, Seth Balty who just turned 4 (well, he told me thought he might be 5 ... ). He was sooo much fun even though I know he worried his mother, Amy, when she felt like he might be moving into verbal overflow! However, I was intrigued from the first moment he saw me and said, "I've been wanting to see you!" as he climbed over me to get to the chair beside me. And then he said, "I was looking for your car!!" (I have a rental car so he had been disappointed.) He kept me quite occupied and while we did get some 'girl talk' in, we decided that the best plan would be for me to go to their house the next time so Seth could play and we could talk.


However, it was great to be with Amy ... she's looking great and while she is not 100% yet, it is obvious from the last time I saw her that God is bringing healing to her body.
So, here's a photo I took of Seth today -- when he was still enough for me to take it. He's one sharp little guy and if you listen closely, you will learn lots of important info!

No comments: