Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Loving this sunshine ....


The day was gorgeous at the beach today -- we saw dolphins and actually even saw a manatee which is a little unusual right where we live. Usually it's a couple miles south of us but that was a special treat for my sister and her family. The water was soooo blue / green and the kids had a blast. And we all got plenty of sun. We who live in Florida usually don't go out for long periods of time. I know ... people say it's because we live near the beach and that may be one reason. But, we also know that it's not wise to stay out too long.


So ... I thought I'd share a few photos from the day. Kamen took his Christmas gift from Teri out on the water today -- surfer guy! Seth Mark had quite a time with him. Kamen and Jimmy played a game of catch, Roxanne got into the fun when they played volleyball, Tyler and Juliana spent some time building sand creations ... others laid out in the sun and some just stood around a talked. All in all, it was a fun day!! Tonight it was off to Northside School for Kamen's spring concert. It is always so much fun to watch elementary age kids perform! And tonight was no exception!


So, now I am rambling ... not unusual ... guess I should get to the photos, huh? By the way, Allen may never speak to me again for posting the last photo! But it was a great photo of part of the stuff we manage to take to the beach! We managed to get it all there and back. The challenge is always who wants to stay the longest -- let's see, Sandi, Tyler, Kasi and I came back in my van (I think). Rachel, Roxanne, Jene' and Shara stayed for a while longer. Allen, Jimmy, Shaley, Juliana, Seth Mark and Kamen headed for Subway to pick up sandwiches -- which part of them were delivered back to the beach and the rest brought back to our house. Okay, too much info, I know!! So, I'll stop ...









No comments: