Sunday, June 8, 2008

Today, we - Roxanne, Kasi and I, visited friends, David and Amy Balty and their three boys, Zachary, Samuel and Seth. We only planned to stay 30 minutes and Kasi's comment was, "Well, we know it will be an hour." Well .. she was partly right -- what started as 30 minutes stretched until almost three hours that breezed by more quickly than I dreamed time could fly. We were greeted by four year old Seth who is so much fun -- and remembers more than you can believe! He was on the other side of the door calling to us, "Come into our home!!" I barely got in the door and he was in my lap reminding me of the last time I saw him "at Cracker Barrell on Hampton Road" and that I had been in my 'white car' which he had climbed into and sat in the back seat -- and I had a bag in the car. Neither Amy nor I could necessarily remember the 'bag' but figured he was probably correct!

David served us to strawberry shortcake ... wow!!! Melt in your mouth kind of food!! It's always a delight to be with their family and this was no exception. Kasi had actually met them the same time I did and Roxanne had been with me on another occasion so we didn't necessarily need any more introductions (except that Roxanne had not previously met David.) . It was nice just to visit .... and then ... they got to talking about text messaging and Roxanne and Kasi decided to give Amy a crash course in 'texting' -- which brought much laughter as the photos below show.


Oh, by the way -- Seth is part of their family but he decided he would rather sit beside me than to join his family photo ... since he wanted to make sure he was a part of the family, he made sure I got a close-up!!
The afternoon finished with Zachary entertaining us with stories of classmates ... he has quite a gift of sharing and may be a stand up comedian someday. On second thought, he already is!! (I doubt that is what his parents have in mind for him -- but it may help him to open doors in the future!)






It was good to see Amy feeling well again .. she had a rough go of it for a while!! But, God is good and she is getting back to 'normal' -- whatever that is for a busy mom of three boys!!

No comments: