Thursday, June 5, 2008

Where has it gone?

I'd like to know where the first five plus months have gone this year. It seems like just yesterday we were welcoming in a new year and now it is June! I've traveled so much that I'm sure that has made time seem to fly. Which brings up another thing -- who likes to live out of suitcases? Well, I have made it an art this year! Or, I should have ... I probably haven't since I keep forgetting where I left things. Then again, I remember where I left something -- but not exactly "where" at the place where I left it. Okay -- have I completely confused myself? Partly ...


Case in point -- I bought a new digital camera this year and with it was a charger thingy. Pull out the little battery in the camera, stick it in the charger and before too long, the green light comes on telling you that the battery is ready to go back into the camera. Great .. as long as you remember where the charger is.


I arrived home from one of my many trips and looked in what I thought was the normal place to keep the charger. Not to be found anywhere! Then I remembered -- I think I left it at my mother-in-law's house but I wasn't going to be there for a while so pulled out the trusty old digital camera that is much bigger to lug around, has lesser mega-pixels (whatever that means) but takes better pictures than many cameras with 8+ mp's (for short).


Soooo, on Monday, I was at my mother-in-law's house again and I went to where I thought my charger should be -- on the bookshelf in her room. Yes, that is definitely where I left it -- I was sure -- well, pretty sure? Maybe??? Nope, nowhere to be found. But, I had this nagging reminder that it was indeed there ... somewhere. Then I remembered I had left a suitcase there in her closet. Pulled out the suitcase -- zipped open the top compartment and voila!! There it was just waiting for me to find it? Wonder what battery chargers would say if they actually had a brain? "Why did you put me in this dark place and then leave me here for so long when you knew you really needed me??"


Okay .. that's enough!! I need to get up early tomorrow to head to Atlanta! Better get good sleep -- I'll be traveling up I-75 and glad I am not going south -- after the accident down near
Bradenton, it looks like noone will be traveling that area for a while!! A tanker truck tried to avoid an accident on I-75 and in doing so, went over the edge down onto Route 301 and exploded. It 'compromised' the bridge structure so not sure how long it will take to get it fixed. The driver is alive but severely burned. As you can see, this was a challenge for drivers until they were able to put both directions of traffic on the one side not affected by the crash.




So ... I guess I'd better get some rest.

No comments: