Thursday, July 31, 2008

"Where did it go?"

Tyler was almost grieving today when he realized all the greenery was gone from the front of my house. Well, except for some stray sprigs that we are trying to get rid of with "Round-Up" -- except that it can't seem to stop raining long enough for us to finish the job. So, this photo doesn't look too good yet since we need to wash down the front of the house and decide exactly what is going in place of all that green stuff!

What is really amusing is that I really hadn't had a chance to meet our neighbors across the street (and down a house ... how's that for a description). They are gone a lot and they haven't really seemed too anxious to meet anybody. I've tried to show myself friendly but usually he nods (sort of) and his wife doesn't seem to notice much of anything.

However, when David (Tim's handyman) was working at our house, our neighbor must have thought, "Well, maybe I can use him, too." Yikes! I've watched this neighbor and whoever is working at his house -- he is almost standing on top of them while they work. I alerted David to that and he told me he had already picked up on that! I did get acquainted with the neighbor -- since he wanted me to confirm that David was an 'okay' guy who could be trusted with his yard and handyman jobs!

No comments: