Friday, August 29, 2008

Congratulations, Shonna!!


Shonna just completed a rigorous schedule as she studied Massage Therapy. She started way back in January and almost every week, you would find her at the school for 4 hours, 4 nights a week. At least one Saturday a month, she has had a day of clinicals.

I had no idea there was sooo much to learn. However, I have helped her beginning studying for board certification and wow!!! She has two large study books and while I guessed some of the answers correctly, it was rather overwhelming.

Since I am currently on a blood thinner, Shonna cannot give me a massage. Most people take it for granted that a massage is simply a massage but there are so many things involved ... Shonna had one lady who insisted she would not share what medications she was on so Shonna had to do a very light massage.

She'll be off for about a month and then takes the 'facial' study. That is not required but gives her a more well-rounded resume.

So, I'm proud of her and what she has accomplished. And we get the benefit of this, too ... well I did and will after I finish taking this medication.

1 comment:

Bette said...

That is certainly a neat 'Mom perk'. Enjoy when you are finally able to...bette