Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Soundproof Room Needed ... like now!


Kamen came home with a trumpet today. (For those who don't know, Roxanne, Chris and the kids have lived with me since Bob moved to Atlanta.) I heard a noise and wondered what had invaded our home!

It didn't take long to figure out what it was -- a trumpet and Kamen was working hard to make sure it would make noise! And noise it made!

Was it a pleasant noise? Well, from time to time, he did pretty well. But, he did tell me he had no clue why they had those three things on top because they did nothing to help him change tones. I assured him that when he took some lessons, they would make a big difference. (Like I really knew anything about playing a trumpet! Where's Phil Driscoll when we need him?)

So -- again -- anyone have a soundproof room? The kids' room does hold in some noise but not necessarily the sound that comes from a trumpet played by someone who doesn't yet have it mastered.

Someday, we will really laugh about this day! It's quiet right now -- but Chris is on his way home and he does know how to play a trumpet so I'm sure we will hear some pleasant sounds. Right?