Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween ....

Our neighborhood would be termed pretty safe, I'm sure. So, we usually see many families with their children making their way through the various streets. Some homeowners decorate almost as much as they do for Christmas. It was interesting that one lady gave out boxes of raisins. She wondered whether our grandsons (RJ and Tyler) would like raisins and both assured her they did. I think she was quite happy when she heard Tyler say before they even got out of her yard, "Mom, would you open the box of raisins for me." He had a huge bag of candy but was anxious to eat the raisins!

So ... of course, here are some photos. By the way, Ava was a carrot for Halloween. You will see on the top of her hat some greenery. Her shirt states, "The IS my costume!"

She was starting to scratch her face some so had to wear some little mittens to keep it from happening again.

2 comments:

Bette said...

Babies are wonderful and Ava June is a new generation of wonderful for you all. I'm having some difficulty imagining you and Roxanne old enough to be Great-Grandma and Grandma. Maybe being young like you both are, you will enjoy little Miss Ava that much more. Am I right in thinking June came from Ava's Great-Great-Grandmother?....Love to you all, Bette

LindaJo49 said...

You are correct ,. it was my mother's middle name. Kasi chose that early on and never changed her mind. It seems to fit and I think my mother would be pleased. I think it means a lot to my dad, too. It's hard for me to picture myself as a great-grandma!! Wow!!