Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Grandmom's Taxi Rides (Runs) Again

Bob and I child sat (when you have a 14 year old, it is definitely not 'babysitting') for Teri, Monday afternoon through this evening. I still wonder how in the world I raised four girls when I am worn out after two days there. Not because of the care but because of the taxi service it seems to take to get the kids to and from where they need to go and on time at that. Yesterday was one of those crazy days ... Let's see ...

Marley headed off to school with the girl next door who drives them both -- really early!!! 

Regan headed to school at 7:20am but I didn't have to take her .. so that was good, I think. Bailey was to go in a little later ...

So, off we headed around 9:30am to drop Rudy off at preschool at Beymer in Winter Haven. Headed to St. Joe's where Regan and Bailey are students.

Back home for a few minutes (it seemed) before heading back to Beymer to pick up Rudy at noon.

Home for a while (woohoo) until 2:45pm when I headed back to St. Joe's for the afternoon pickup!

We actually had a little while at home -- enough to have dinner, try to keep the house straight -- hard to do when you have book bags for three gals and a lunch box for a little guy!

Then the fun began .. Take Bailey to volleyball practice at 7:00 (but she found out when she arrived that it actually started at 6:00); go from there to Lake Region High School to drop Regan and Marley off to watch the JV Lake Region / Winter Haven game (great rivals). Rudy fell asleep on the way home and did not wake up except for a few minutes until 5:15 this morning ...

After getting him settled with Bob at the house, it was time to pick up Bailey at practice (there was an accident on the way that slowed me down a little) .. waited on her for a little while and then the phone rang that the JV game was over, could I please come on down to the high school and pick up Regan and Marley .. which I did, of course.

All in a day's work?  I'm worn out already and I was there just a little over two days!! No wonder we have our children when we are young! For sure!

No comments: