Sunday, January 9, 2011

Am I getting old or am I naturally scatter-brained?

And, no, I am not really looking for an answer although I am sure there are several who be happy to offer an opinion on that! I usually know where I am going, how to get there and what all I need to do along the way ... you'll notice I used the word "usually" ....

Yesterday, I needed to run a couple errands so inserted the list into my brain along with necessary directions (which I know better by instinct than by actual knowledge, it seems) and off I went ... Post Office and K-Mart -- short list, I think! However, somewhere along the line, my brain got scattered (I almost didn't use that word remembering the horrific shooting yesterday in Arizona). I parked very nicely at K-Mart, not far from the entrance actually and started in -- only to realize that I had picked up the mail sitting beside me! I guess I thought I could kill two birds with one stone and send out mail from K-Mart! I caught myself in time so no one gave me odd looks for carrying a couple envelopes and two large manilla envelopes into K-Mart.

I must pay more attention to this getting 'older' thing!!

Oh .. and an addition to yesterday's blog where I was wondering if they ever grow up and not need our help along the way -- there were a number of texts / messages that went back and forth between Teri and me -- and between two nephews in Las Vegas! I think she owes me one -- then again, probably more than one! I've been doing this for 36 years for her! 

No comments: