Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Here she comes .... again!!

Opal is at it again!! About the time the nurses think they have 'roped her in' (not literally, of course), she's at it again -- barging into my dad's room any time she pleases. I think it was three times yesterday. At lunch time, she started to head for my dad's table and one of the CNA's called out to her and Opal responded with an, "Oh, shut up!" She came right to my dad and said, "They are trying to keep me away from you." My dad explained to her that my mother had passed away a year ago, he wasn't out looking for girlfriends and that he had plenty of girlfriends right in his own family -- daughters, granddaughters, great-granddaughters. I'm not sure that will stop her .... we'll see what today brings! I don't think my dad ever thought he would fight off a female at this stage of the game! On a more serious side, he is having a great time ministering where he is -- there are a couple ladies who come to Glenn Oaks and play the piano for people to sing along. My dad enjoys that so much -- it's good for him and the ladies seem to enjoy someone who can sing right along with them. Who would have guessed he has had lung problems. Needless to say, his lungs are getting exercised a lot -- whether it be singing or reiterating -- "Opal, go to your room!"

No comments: