Thursday, October 25, 2007

Scary times ....


My telephone rang last night about 11:30pm ... when it rings that late, it usually means there is a problem. And last night was no exception. Sandi's question, "Would you or Chris be able to drive Tim to the hospital?"


Tim (in photo above with Sandi and Tyler) has been sick for about a week now. He was diagnosed with an ear infection, upper respiratory infection and bronchitis. He hasn't seemed to get much better but his schedule has been such that he hasn't had proper rest either. Some of his symptoms last night resembled a possible heart issue and since his mother died from a heart attack and his oldest brother had a heart attack at 42, Tim was quite concerned.


It took Chris all of about 2 minutes to get out of the house and get to Tim and Sandi's. I doubt calling 911 would have had any quicker response. By the time I had called Sandi to tell her that Chris was on his way, he was pulling in their drive. The fact that they live less than two miles away does make that trip a short one.


Tim's EKG was normal .. PTL! However, true to form, he and Chris did not arrive back home until about 5:30 this morning and Chris was gone to Northside Christian School by 7:15! I doubt he slept much. It seems that the problems Tim was having was medicine related so the doctor changed those, gave him a breathing treatment (since it did appear that he had been close to pneumonia) and sent him home to rest. Rest?? Tim? It takes a lot for Tim to want to go to a hospital and it is usually hard to keep him down. However, after last night and the anxiety he experienced when symptoms were playing tricks on him, I think he knew he needed to take care of himself until he gets well. He can handle his work by phone for a few days ...


We're thankful that God keeps His hand on all of us. I would ask for prayer tomorrow as I drive to Atlanta. I do enjoy the trip even by myself. I stop at the $3 book store at the state line (FL-GA, of course). They have great bargains and it gives me a respite from crazy interstate drivers. Am I one of them? Probably and others are probably thinking I fit right in with the rest of them!!


My sister-in-law, Susan, just had a total knee replacement so I hope to help out with their family, too. Big sister on the job!! Of course, after being there about five days, they may be ready to ship me home -- that won't be hard as I believe my car knows the way home from their house without me even driving it!


And I'm rambling ... so I think I will stop for now and hope that I don't get any late night phone calls tonight ..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you guys Linda!!

Great is thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see!
All I have needed thy hand hath provided!
Great is thy faithfulness Lord unto me!