Saturday, November 17, 2007

Celebrating a birthday!!!




Tomorrow, we will be celebrating Tyler's seventh birthday. It's a big day -- it is always a big day. Parties have been his mother's (Sandi) forte since she was just a little gal. She organized her own birthday party (Strawberry Shortcake) and asked her sisters to invite friends. She was a loner by nature -- well, I should say she was a stay-at-home child. She tagged along with me to the library and errands but wasn't all that outgoing. (I know -- if you know her now you can't even imagine this!!) I say all that to say this -- She's still the 'party' gal and folks beg to come to her parties. Yes, they do! When she decided to cut the number for Tyler's party last year from about 135 down to around 60, close friends told her that there would be people who would be hurt by that. However, Tyler does better with small groups -- small being a relative term!
I looked through my photos and could only find two parties' photos quickly. She has had everything from a Thanksgiving feast the first year. That was intended to thank all their close friends for their support throughout the previous year. Tim had lost his father in an automobile accident about 6 weeks before Sandi got pregnant. They had been married for 10 years so we all rejoiced that they were having a child -- and her sisters claim that is when she became a 'normal' person! LOL!! She's more organized than I could hope to be in a lifetime. She has lists and lists and everything comes out as it should -- down to the most minute detail!! She has had a carnival, a 'farm' complete with a milking machine -- which was 'handled' best by a lady past 90 years old!! She has had a Winter Wonderland complete with a snow ball fight in Florida -- in November -- thanks to an ice skating rink which provided ice shavings! She's had a petting zoo! You name it -- you got it! Last year, it was a Safari and this year -- it is Star Wars! I'll have pictures to prove it!
So, thought I would share some of the photos from the two years I could find quickly!! We'll have a great day tomorrow -- I'm making chili for it. There will be hot dogs, corn dogs, chili -- my kind and Indiana kind ... and lots more! Of course, a birthday cake made by ... who else? Sandi!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a FUN family!!
Noni