Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Properly puzzled ... out!!

Okay, so I actually sat for, let's see, about 6 hours working on a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle .. and that was after putting together a 300 piece on Saturday. (I didn't say we did it on Sunday, did I?) The sizes of the puzzles were the same -- I guess I should have guessed how much smaller the pieces would be on the 500 piece. But, I was a glutton for punishment ... yet, I was proud of myself for actually keeping at the task !! Maybe I learned a new sense of 'self-control" but probably not! Only time will tell!!

And then there was Tess .. a seven year old gal (who couldn't quite remember whether she was still six or had turned seven already) who wanted so badly to help us with our puzzle. She'd wander from one side of the table to another .. studying the pieces and actually putting a piece in here and there. However, her family sitting nearby was concerned that she was being a 'pest' so went outside to visit rather than leaving her to circle our table. I assured them that she was just fine -- as did Bob -- adding that since we have 8 grandchildren, we didn't think a seven year old gal would be any problem at all. She was so excited about helping!!

So.... I think I'm puzzled out for the time being. That is, for a couple weeks. I am really getting into this puzzle thing -- watch out, Elaine!! Here comes New Year's Eve and our typical 'puzzling' time!! Maybe I will actually add a piece or two this year ...

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

My family likes to do puzzles too, especially around the holidays!