Thursday, November 15, 2007

Okay, so I'll have some fun, too ...

I don't always fill these out but I was intrigued by reading some of the responses such as Jennifer Olsen and Mary Ellen Huff (loved their answers and I think they are much more organized than I am! ugh!) so thought I'd try it, too ... would love to hear from others!!

My House:

1. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? I have one of those great garden tubs -- might be dangerous since you can fall asleep in them. But, I seriously doubt whether I would drown in it!! Oh, the soap? Soft Soap, "Pure Cashmere".
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? No, wonder why that question. Now, Sandi and Tim -- they might since Tyler LOVES watermelon!
3. What would you change about your living room? Probably would re-carpet the room. And maybe move one of the organs out. We have two organs and a piano -- but there is still plenty of room to visit. (We need to do another sing-along soon!)
4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? I have no clue. I've been gone and since Roxanne and Chris are staying here right now, I'm sure there are dishes in it -- whether they are clean or dirty, I don't know.
5. What is in your fridge? Too much stuff! Outdated yogurt -- I'm one of those who doesn't like to eat it past the date that is stamped on it. Bob tells me that it is safe to eat for a while after that date -- but doesn't it say to "use by this date". Maybe I should read it again!!
6. White or wheat bread? Yikes -- I prefer white even though I know it's not as good for you as wheat!
7. What is on top of your refrigerator? A potpourri cake. Yup, it looks just like a beautiful iced cake with a piece out of it. Guess it's pretty old by now -- like maybe 6 years or so. But, it still looks good.
8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? Which bathroom? Three of the baths have glass doors and the other one has a dark blue shower curtain that Roxanne bought me for Christmas. It matches the towels.
10. Is your bed made right now? It's not quite 9am -- it will be made within the next half hour for sure. Can't stand it to be unmade!
11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Neither -- I prefer Bar Keepers Friend. And whatever the good cleaner is for my stove top.
12. Is your closet organized? That would have to asked here! Parts of it are. It's a big walk in closet and it seems I can just stuff things in there from time to time -- it's due for one of those major cleanups!!
13. Can you describe your flashlight? I usually keep one of those heavy square ones for our power outages -- although I don't think I've had to use it this year! Wow!! I also have another one where you can 'telescope' the ray or whatever you call it.
14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? Big plastic glasses that hold lots!
15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? No, I have been lazy lately and picked up 'diet' iced tea at Publix.
16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? Cluttered ... how about full to the brim!! Stuff that needs to be trashed or given away!
17. Curtains or blinds? Blinds in the bedrooms, valances throughout the rest of the house.
18. How many pillows do you sleep with? Two king sized -- I know, why two?
19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? Not in our bedroom but I do leave one on over the stove in the kitchen.
20. How often do you vacuum? Whenever it needs to be done -- usually. I doubt I do it often enough!
21. Standard toothbrush or electric?Standard.
22. What color is your toothbrush? Orange and white.
23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? Yes but it doesn't say "Welcome". I did have a special one that welcomed people to "Nana & Papaw's" house but it was white and it got dingy looking.
24. What is in your oven right now? Nothing -- I just got home last night.
25. Is there anything under your bed? Nope
26. Chore you hate doing the most? Dishes!!! Even though I have a dishwasher!!!
27. What retro items are in your home? Have no clue unless you call old photos 'retro'.
28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? Yes
29. How many mirrors are in your home? Oh, my goodness --- I'm not sure! I think six or so but one is almost the length of our master bath!
30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? Not on purpose!
31. What color are your walls? beige except for one wall in the dining room that is wallpapered.
32. Do you keep any kind of protective weapons in your home? No but I do have a good security system.
33. What does your home smell like right now? Cinnamon and no, not because I am cooking cinnamon rolls. (lol)
34. Favorite candle scent? Cinnamon!
35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? Dill
36. What color is your favorite Bible? Navy blue
37. Ever been on your roof? Are you kidding??
38. Do you own a stereo? Yes.
39. How many TVs do you have? 8. We entertain overnight quite a lot so all bedrooms have cable TV in them. All the comforts of a hotel room and the atmosphere of home -- doesn't that sound like some kind of sale's pitch.
42. How many house phones? 3 cordless. I do have a land line phone somewhere in case we lose power -- but I'd probably have to find it in the dark because I wouldn't remember to find it before the power went out!
41. Do you have a housekeeper? I used to ... then figured I would save money and do it myself. It doesn't get done like it should so I usually pay someone to come in and do a more thorough job from time to time.
42. What style do you decorate in? I used to have a plaque that read, "My decorating style is Early Lived In"!
43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? I have a Burgundy chair in the living room and a couch which is a combination of pastel colors.
44. Is there a smoke detector in your home? Yes -- and what is good and scary (at the same time) is that it actually calls the fire department directly in case of fire. One of those smoke detectors is fairly near the kitchen so I have to make sure I don't burn anything. I'd hate for the fire department appear to hear, "Oh, sorry ... I just burned dinner, that's all." There is a pocket door between the kitchen and that smoke detector -- I have been known to partially close that door to make sure I don't set it off accidentally.
45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip? Wow ... there are so many things I'd want to take but probably photo albums and important papers. Then again, how can you drag an entire file cabinet out the door. Adrenalin might kick in!!

All you fellow bloggers...feel free to copy this and do your own version, always fun to learn new things about each other.

2 comments:

Vonnie said...

Very interesting!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun!
Noni