Saturday, December 22, 2007

To: Bailey; From: WHOM???

Teri called me and said, "Mom, you gotta blog about that!" About what? About what happened when you were wrapping gifts for the girls. Okay ... so I felt rather silly, why would I want to blog about that? Then again, why would I not want to blog about it? Isn't part of blogging to make fun of yourself and enjoy the laughter along with everyone else. And believe me, there are plenty of times I have to make fun of myself!

I was wrapping gifts last week -- with eight grandchildren, I like to keep some track of what I am giving them as I collect things sometimes throughout the year -- okay, if the truth be known, for the past couple months. Although, I am pretty proud of myself actually. Not long after Christmas, I came upon a sale on clothes for my girls and their guys. It was one of those 75 percent off the already sale price so I made a real steal. I put them in the back of my closet and promptly forgot them! Fortunately, I needed to find something in my closet (which is one of those long walk-in closets) -- and voila! There was Christmas! I had lots of stuff I had forgotten I had.

So now I have gotten sidetracked from the 'real story. I made the list, checked it twice and it didn't matter who was naughty or nice, they were all getting approximately the same value -- give or take a little. I asked Shonna to help me load up the gifts for Teri and her girls in bigger bags so as not to make oodles of trips to my van. She did and then stopped! "Uh, Mom ... who is "Pants"?" "Pants? What do you mean, 'Who is Pants?'" She brought a gift to me and very nicely and neatly, I had written -- "To: Bailey; From: Pants".

I guess I really got carried away when I was making my list -- didn't check it twice obviously -- or I would have caught that I wrote what the 'gift' for Bailey was on the "From" line -- rather than on the actual list itself. I better find out if I wrote "Nana" on the gift list. Perhaps I am giving myself away this year!

Oh, well ... so, girls .. I have done what you asked. I blogged about a crazy thing in my life. Of course, to do so is not a stretch most days! It seems to be a daily occurrence!

No comments: